Follow Me On Twitter

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Can See Clearly Now--Book Review for The Seer by Martha Harris-Dorrance Publishing

 received a complimentary copy of “The Seer” as a member of the    
    Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team.  Visit dorrancebookstore.com
    to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team.
I have to tell you that initially I wasn’t able to get into the book, but I stuck with it and I am glad that I did.  The book twists and turns and when it gets to the end  you are wanting more from Martha Harris.  I love books that trick you and this one defiantly makes you think and makes you want to read ahed, but don’t!  
Strong characters and an interesting plot make for a great read.  I have already recommended the book for the library book club.  
How do you believe in what you cannot do?  This is a challenge and Lance is battling guilt and other emotions that he is not sure how to deal with, so believing is the last thing that is on his mind.  Harris demonstrates a strong sense of the psyche in her characters and this also makes for a great read.  
Bobbi is spiritual in a way that I am not sure she even understands.  Not being able to accept a spiritual gift is always a challenge, but more so when that gift is not something that can ever really manifest into a tangible thing.  
The balance of the characters was great and I hope that Ms. Harris is working on her next novel because I will be waiting to read it.  http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?dorrance+7XZRvv+index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment