Follow Me On Twitter

Monday, December 26, 2011

What Really Matters

Dear Beloved.
How are you?  I hope that you are well.  It has been a little while since I have written. There is a reason rather than an excuse.  I wanted to get past this season that is called Christmas. I wanted to be sure that I didn’t stand in the place that I did not want to be. I did not want to be in the position of speaking on Christmas as we know it.  I have studied many religions and I have been to many churches and the thing that I value the most about all that I have witnessed is the love that each membership has for the Christ.  No matter what they believe or how they believe the fact of the matter is that they simply believe.  Most of the world celebrates the birth of Jesus on December 25th of each year.  I use to ponder over how they knew what day Jesus was born, but didn’t know what day he died.  I began to study the system called nature and how things happen in the earth according the moon and the sun and I began to understand that the days that have been sat aside are all man dates and have nothing to really do with the spiritual side of things.  I wish I could say that I know what day Jesus was born, but all that I can tell you is the date that he was born in my life.  I wish that I could tell you what date he died and was risen, but all  I can tell you is what day he rose in my life.  
See, it doesn’t matter what the actual dates are, but what does matter is that he IS.  That he was born and that he did die and was risen.  Now, I happen to practice a religion where the standard is that we do not say that Jesus died on Good Friday.  We do not worship in that matter.  I however know that Jesus does die in our lives sometimes, but we don’t call it Good Friday when that happens. No, when that happens we call it doubt.  Doubt comes and crucifies things that we once stood strong on and we begin to second guess things that we know for certain.  Jesus rises when realize that fear is a thief and a robber and we go ahead anyway.  Jesus rises when we so down on ourselves trying to figure out how to make it one more day and something happens in our lives that makes that one more day possible.  
I don’t worry about how you worship or what you call God or Jesus or your higher being, no that is not my concern.  I am just glad that you find a way to worship him.  I am just glad that you can find time to realize that something greater than you is moving and making things possible.  Every eyelash that you have and every hair that is on your head was created by something greater than you.  Something that knows the possibilities that you haven’t even thought about yet.  Something that understands when you think no one else does.  Something that has a love so large and so unconditional that you could not understand it if you tried.  
I say don’t worry about the day that others say that he was born because it matters not.  What does matter is the fact that you know he was born in your life.  If you are seeking and Jesus has not yet been born in your life then call him forward.  Call that miracle child from your solar plexus and birth him into your world so that he can be the blessing to you that you deserve. I encourage you to encourage yourself and allow your miracle to happen.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment