Follow Me On Twitter

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What About Today?

Dear Beloved,
How are you today? Do we even know how we are today?  I had to write about this because I spent most of today reliving Friday.  Friday was a doozie of a day and I pushed it aside to enjoy friends and family who were celebrating the holiday.  Today however, I found myself full on and face to face with the issues from Friday.  By the time I looked up the day was over.  How many days have we spent reliving other days in our lives or being angry about something that that is in our past? I don’t know about you, but I am still mastering putting things behind me.  Especially things that feel like they will have a long-term affect on me.  
I am not going to go into detail about the issue, but I will say that finally around 10pm I was able to really release the issue.  How? Well, I talked to a good friend and sometimes it is just a matter of saying aloud what you feel in silence.  Sometimes it is about being reminded that people only have the power that you give them and sometimes it is about simply knowing your worth and not second guessing it.
Struggle is your road map to success. This is what I have been told all of my life. I have struggled past adversity so many times and just when I thought that I could come up for air a hand was pushing me back down into the ocean of circumstance.  I am hear to tell you that it is not about the air that you were not allowed to enjoy, but it is about the strength of your lungs that are able to sustain you while you are below ground.  
Sometimes in order to win the bout you have to tire out your opponent.  While doing this you are able to build your endurance.  The WORD says that it is not given to the swift, nor to the strong, but to the one that can endure until the end.
I encourage you to fall and not wallow while you are on the ground.  How can you ever tell someone how it feels to get up if you have never been down? How can you ever tell someone how it feels to succeed if you never failed.  How will you know what it is like to be rejected if you have never put yourself in the way to be seen?
Today I am not afraid of adversity.  I stand up straight with my heals planted in the ground waiting for the wind to blow.  I am not afraid of failure today because tomorrow is not promised and NOTHING beats a failure but a try.
Today I will live for today and not worry about yesterday because like tomorrow it will and has taken care of its self.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment