Follow Me On Twitter

Thursday, December 29, 2011

If You Don’t Stand For Something You Will Fall For Anything

Dear Beloved,
Have you ever done anything and then wished you hadn’t? You know that thought that pulls at your every being and makes you feel stupid for doing the thing that you did?  I know that I have and I remember thinking that I wouldn’t do that again, but guess what!  I did it again.  This time I refuse to do it.  
Sometimes people in places of power want to intimidate you, knock you down when you are already low, hold you back when they are intimidated by you, want to take credit for your success, so that they can hold it over your head.Well, if you just stand your ground and wait for the whisper in your ear you will find that everything will fall into place.  It is only when you second guess that whisper or gut feeling that things go awry.  
What are your limits? What are your goals? What are your standards? Do you know? Do you have any?  If you don’t know I suggest that you find them and make them the head of your life and not worry about what others will do or say to you because they are going to do it and say it anyway.  This is a dog eat dog world and you must look out for yourself because only you and God will.  You must also remember that once you have passed the hump that it is imperative that you help someone else over the hump.  Have you ever played or seen kids play leapfrog? At some point you will be the toad and at some point  you will be the toadstool.  People forget that and burn bridges that they think are not important at that moment.  That is the biggest mistake you can ever make.  You never know when the person you supervise could end up your boss.  May not be at the company that you think you are going to retire from and it may not be in the field that you thought you would work in forever and it may not even be a direct report situation.  You treat people how you want to be treated and you make sure that you have exhausted all of your options with that person before you cut them loose because you just never know.
I stand for what is right and good.  I stand for the underdog and all that she represents.  I stand for the person who is willing to stand alone no matter what the storm brings.  That is the person that I want to work with me.  Why? I will be her.  I will be standing for what is right even if it means that I need to stand alone.  I will be standing for honesty even if it means that I stand alone.  I will be standing for fairness even if I need to stand alone.  We were born alone, we will die alone and sometimes we have to stand alone for things that are important.  You don’t have to fall for any ole thing just because everyone else does.  You don’t have to agree just because it is the consensus.  You only have an obligation to yourself and if that means anything to you then the rest of us are safe.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment