Follow Me On Twitter

Thursday, December 1, 2011

What Box

Dear Beloved,
Have you found yourself doing the same things over and over and over?  I do.  Today I decided that I was going to think outside of the box and then I asked myself; what box?  The box is made up of the limits that we place in our minds about situations, aspirations and expectations.  What is so great about living in that box?  Nothing that I can see, living for the moment at the moment with a plan to match is a great feeling.  Insanity is supposedly defined as doing the same thing over and over again.  I don’t know the actual definition because I have not looked it up.  I don’t agree with that definition if it is in fact the truth.  I get up and come to work every day.  I take the same route.  I drive the same car.  I sit at the same desk. So, that definition does not make sense to me.  I think that people that we might term as crazy are the least predictable people that we will ever know.  When someone does something that we did not expect them to do or that we would not do we laugh and say; “They are so crazy.”  Really?  Maybe they just got tired of being confined to a box.  In their minds they are limitless and they are doing what they think is the right thing to do.  What about you? Do you do the right thing or do you do the thing that fits into your box?  Do you even know what the right thing is? Did you think about it? Did you feel it in your gut? 
The box will get you where you have always been.  The box will keep you where you are already at.  The box will still be the box when you are dead and gone except there will be another person living in it trying to figure out what the hell is going on.  If you have never seen the movie the Matrix I implore you to watch it and once you have seen it watch it again and then ask yourself what they are really talking about.  Pay close attention to the spoon.
Today we are going to find a different way to think.  I am going to take a new way home both physically and spiritually and I know that I won’t be disappointed.  In order to get where we have never gone we have to do something that we have never done.  I will try something new for 21 days because they say that it takes 21 days to learn a new behavior.  
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment