Follow Me On Twitter

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dig The Well Before You Are Thirsty-Chinese Proverb

Dear Beloved,
Has there ever been a time in your life where you have been caught off guard? Maybe you didn’t take as much preparation as you should have getting ready for work one morning and that was the day that a company executive came by.  Maybe you left home and forgot to put gas in your car and had to pay more money for it.  Whatever the situation was the realty was that there was no plan.  Grant it we cannot plan every aspect of our lives, but there are many that we can plan and many that should be planned.  I have lived so long by moving from one instance to the next and from one day to the next and from one job to the next, but I had no plan.  All of that comes back on you as time progresses.  What do I have to show for it?  Well, I have nothing that you   can touch or feel, but I have gained much wisdom and knowledge about life. I have gained so much wisdom and knowledge that I would definitely do things differently and I would plan my life instead of just taking it day by day.  The great thing about this is that I don’t have to be ashamed of how I chose to live because I did in fact choose to live that way.  I can now share what I know and I can begin to plan the rest of my life.  I know that tomorrow is not promised, but just in case the great I Am chooses to have mercy and to grant me one more day I feel that it is my duty to have a plan for it and not to waste one minute on things that really wont matter when it is all said and done.  I owe that to myself and too my God.  
One day I was visiting a church and the preacher said the topic of his message was going to be: “You don’t miss the well until the water runs dry.”  I never take preaching for granted and I never assume I know where the spirit will lead a minister with her/his words of wisdom, but I have to admit that when I heard the topic I got excited.  I relaxed in my seat and got comfortable because I knew that what I was going to hear next was going to be good to my soul and I was right.  This woman minister preached that sermon into the ground and I was glad to be in the midst that day.  What her point was is that every second counts and if it didn’t God wouldn’t have given it to you.  Some seconds are for increase, some for sacrifice, some for self and some for others, but every second counts.  I remember feeling charged and ready to make every second count when I left out of the church.  I did for a few days and then I fell back into my routine.  I have been off work for four days and as I reflect I ask myself where did my time go?  I have no clue because I had no plan.  I have heard the saying, “make plans and watch God laugh.”  society has taught us to take most things in a negative context.  Why can’t God be laughing with joy and praise because we have finally learned how to live?  Why can’t God be laughing because he is proud of us for finally understanding how to use our freewill?  I think God can be laughing in whatever context we desire to take it in.  I believe that God is laughing because it took me months to understand a simple message  and the real reason as to why he had sent me to that place to hear it. I thank God for his sense of humor and I thank him for teaching me that I must remember my teaching and look in all directions for my blessings.
I thank you I Am that I Am God for each and every day of my life seen and unseen and I ask that you give me the wisdom to plan accordingly that your work may be done honorably.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment