Follow Me On Twitter

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Promise

December 2, 2011
Dear Beloved,
Have you ever seen something that makes you want to cry, but you are not sure why?  Today I saw a red rose in a yard in full bloom and it made me feel that way and I couldn’t stop thinking about it.  It was strange to see this one beautiful flower standing strong and proud on a cold December day while everything around it had shed it’s color and leaves.  Why was I blessed to see this I wondered for the rest of the day.  Why today and why me?  Could it just be because I would appreciate it or is there something deeper that I need to examine.  Well, I’m going for the later because I believe thats what you have to do sometimes.  
People say that before you die you have flashbacks of your life.  Some people believe that you see all of the great things that happened to you in life and others believe that you simply see the loved ones in your life.  Well, I would like to believe that you get to see all of the beautiful things in your life.  I believe that you take snapshots and when the time comes for you to close your eyes for that final time they are played back for you like a slideshow.  I also believe that we can choose what slides are inserted into our slideshow.  For me I think that all of my slides will be indexed by the pure emotion that goes along with the beauty of what I am seeing.  
What will your slideshow of life consist of? Someone said that your life is not made up of the day it began or the day that you died, but rather the space in between.  This seems like common sense, but when you think about that space what do you say that you have filled it with?  I’m looking forward to filling my slideshow with beautiful things.  I wont have to go looking for them because it seems that they find me at the right time.  Though they have no way of calling out my name to attract attention I see them whole and filled with the message of a promise that started so long ago with a rainbow.  
Life is what you make it, so make a vow to make your life beautiful and fill it with beautiful things.  It is not too late no matter where you are in life, no matter what you did, no matter who you did them too.  Beauty is not really only skin deep, sometimes you have to look beneath the layers to find the true beauty of a thing.  Like a diamond in the ruff, a pearl in a clam shell or a butterfly in a cocoon.  
Don’t waste it because you never know when or where the end will be.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment