Follow Me On Twitter

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Don’t Talk About It, Be About It

Dear Beloved,
Do you have anyone in your life that never seems to be happy about anything?  Is there a person at your job or school that complains everyday no matter what?  How do you deal with that? What do you do?  Well, for a time and a season we probably feed into it.  We probably begin to find fault in areas where we have not seen any fault before.  What I have seen this poison destroy relationships.  That old saying that misery loves company is so true.  I am so guilty of this on both sides.  I have been the person complaining and sharing my complaints and I have been the person being complained too that finds fault where there wasn’t any previously.  I know this spirit, so why do I entertain it?  I know better, so why don’t I do better?  Once the poison has been released it is very hard to get rid of it, but it can be done.  Even if you are the person always complaining you have the power to change.  You have the power to change the words that come out of your mouth.  
This is so much easier said then done.  I know because I have lived it.  Today I tried something different.  Today I was going to be put in a situation that I was anticipating not  enjoying.  I was uptight about it all day, so I decided that if there was no way out of the situation that I would just make myself feel better about it no matter what happened.  So, I spent the day complimenting people.  All day I found something to like about every person that I came in contact with.  When it was time for me to be in the situation my attitude was different.  I was able to have a different attitude.  I knew that I didn’t want to be there, but no one else knew that I didn’t want to be there.  I got through it and I think that I can be a better person because of it.  I saw how my complaining would have been selfish.  Is selfish.  I could have taken the joy away from someone looking forward to the days events simply because it was not something that I desired to be part of, but had no choice.  
As I looked around at the people I saw some who were really excited about the event, some who were indifferent and some who would complain no matter what was going on.  I had to laugh about it because had I not found a way out I would have fit perfectly in that last bunch and someone may have been watching for my reactions as well.  I believe that this is what free will was really meant to do.  I recaptured my power and if this situation rings true for you there is an opportunity for you to regain your power as well.
Let us pray-I Am that I Am God I thank you for the gift of wisdom, the ability to learn from mistakes that have been made.  Thank you for the blessing of the present and the opportunity to make each moment our own. We ask that you continue to bless us with solutions that will move our everyday actions closer to who you would have us to be.
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment